|IFRS – € million
|2016 (1)||2015 (2)
2016 vs 2015 restated
|Building materials trading||188.6||181.2||198.7||+4.1%|
- Figures have not been audited. Turnover for 2016 is reported in line with IFRS 5 (excluding activities sold or in process of being sold).
- Turnover restated for activities sold or in the process of being sold in accordance with IFRS 5.
Activity in the 2nd quarter of 2016
HERIGE posted turnover of €155.0 million for the 2nd quarter of 2016, up 3.7% on the same period in 2015. In keeping with the 1st quarter, growth was driven by a dynamic activity of Building materials trading and a strong performance from Industrial joinery (+8.1% over the quarter) as the momentum that began in the second half of 2015 continued to gather pace.
Group turnover came in at €290.7 million for the 1st half of 2016 as a whole, up 4.8% at same scope, with the positive contributions from all three sectors bringing the first indications of new market share in a building sector which had yet to pick up again in full over the 1st quarter:
- turnover for Building materials trading increased 4.1%,
- turnover for the Concrete industry benefited from a slight increase in volumes for ready-mix concrete despite a persistently competitive market,
- turnover for Industrial joinery increased by 11%, boosted by dynamic sales as well as energy efficiency rebates.
The steady increase in individual housing sales over the past twelve months underpins HERIGE's forecasts of a gradual sector recovery.