Following the success of the all-cash public tender offer launched by TDK's subsidiary EPCOS AG, Tronics strengthens its Supervisory Board in order to deploy its growth strategy
Grenoble, France – 10 January, 2017 – As a result of the successful closing of the public tender offer launched by TDK's wholly-owned subsidiary EPCOS AG, Tronics, a designer and manufacturer of innovative nano and microsystems, announced that its Supervisory Board has been adjusted on December 28, 2016 to reflect Tronics' integration into the TDK group and the continuity of Thales Avionics SAS' participation:
- Peter Balzer, President and CEO Sensors Business Group of EPCOS AG, has been co-opted as a replacement of CEA Investissement, represented by Regis Saleur who resigned, for the remaining duration of his mandate, i.e. until the annual shareholders' meeting to be called to approve the financial statements for the 2018 fiscal year,
- Karsten Loewe, Executive Vice President and CFO Sensors Business Group of EPCOS AG, has been co-opted as a replacement of Sercel Holding, represented by Pierre Baliguet who resigned, for the remaining duration of his mandate, i.e. until the annual shareholders' meeting to be called to approve the financial statements for the 2018 fiscal year, and,
- Dr. Christoph Scheuren, Corporate Senior Vice President and Head M&A of EPCOS AG, has been co-opted as a replacement of Aster Capital Partners, represented by Jean-Marc Bally who resigned, for the remaining duration of his mandate, i.e. until the annual shareholders' meeting to be called to approve the financial statements for the 2018 fiscal year.
Michel de Lempdes and Franck Noiret resigned and have not been replaced.
The Supervisory Board of Tronics is now composed of the 4 following members:
- Peter Balzer, elected unanimously Chairman of the Supervisory Board,
- Karsten Loewe,
- Dr. Christoph Scheuren,
- Thales Avionics SAS represented by Marc Duval-Destin.
“We are delighted and honored to welcome Messrs. Balzer, Loewe and Dr. Scheuren to our Supervisory Board”, declared Pascal Langlois, Chairman of the Management Board and CEO of Tronics. “Tronics will benefit from their expertise as well as their high-level background in the field of innovative and leading-edge technologies. I also want to express my gratitude on behalf of Tronics toward our former Chairman Mr. Michel de Lempdes, former Vice Chairman Mr. Franck Noiret, and former Supervisory Board members for their outstanding involvement and contribution to the company development across the years.”
Peter Balzer, new Chairman of the Supervisory Board, added: “This new configuration will definitely bring a complementary vision to Tronics' growth strategy. Such a move demonstrates the willingness of Tronics, EPCOS and TDK to reach our common objectives and gives exciting perspectives to the whole group.”
Founded in 1997, Tronics is a recognized technological leader in the sector of nano & microsystems with high added value.
Positioned at the heart of product innovation, Tronics has technology platforms protected by a portfolio of 25 families of patents, resulting from 15 years of R&D and more than €15 million of cumulative industrial investments.
Addressing high-growth markets relying on increasing miniaturization of electronic devices, Tronics designs, manufactures and sells custom or standard products to the industry, aeronautics & security, medical and consumer markets.
Located in Crolles, near Grenoble (France) and in Dallas, Texas (United States), Tronics posted revenue of €7.8 Million in 2015. It now has 92 employees, of whom 55 are engineers and scientists.
ISIN code: FR0004175099 ALTRO.
“Innovative Company” certification number: A1410008 V.
For more information: www.tronicsgroup-bourse.com
Phone: 00 33 4 76 97 29 50
France Bentin / Serena Boni
Phone: 00 33 4 72 18 04 92
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
News releases under ongoing reporting obligations:
– other releases
Full and original press release in PDF: