Evaluation Based on Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute
BETHESDA, Md., Sept. 21, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — OPNET Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:OPNT) today announced it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the "Leaders" quadrant of the "Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring" published on September 19, 2011, and written by Will Cappelli and Jonah Kowall. Gartner evaluated 29 vendors in the report.
OPNET's solutions for application performance management dramatically accelerate problem resolution, enable problem prevention, and improve the efficiency of both IT infrastructure and IT staff resources. The report considered the solutions in OPNET's APM Xpert™ suite, including:
- AppResponse Xpert™ uniquely combines end-user experience monitoring and in-depth analysis of the behavior and performance of the underlying network. It leverages the network's central role as a conduit for data and transactions to obtain complete visibility of IT services across the enterprise. Real-time on-board analytics determine which components in the application infrastructure are contributing most to delays.
- AppInternals Xpert™ looks deep into the complex software frameworks of modern applications, leveraging vast amounts of performance and forensic data to support all aspects of service assurance from the server perspective. It performs high definition monitoring, forensic data collection for all transactions, and powerful analytics for any type of application, and excels in particular in Java and Microsoft .NET environments.
- AppMapper Xpert™ automatically produces a run-time application map, identifying the underlying application and infrastructure components that enable a production application. It leverages a rich repository of operational data obtained from OPNET solutions and instrumentation already deployed for performance management.
- AppTransaction Xpert™ and AppTransaction Xpert Packet Trace Warehouse provide centralized management and in-depth analysis of transaction forensics collected across the enterprise.
- AppSQL Xpert™ provides deep visibility into database performance through real-time monitoring of a broad range of metrics, with drilldowns to fine-grained forensic database transaction data for troubleshooting. It performs detailed tracking of database usage for trending and performance optimization. AppSQL Xpert offers an agentless approach that imposes zero overhead on database operation.
- AppSensor Xpert™ uses agentless, remote instrumentation to capture additional performance information from all types of infrastructure components, including servers, application components, network devices, storage systems, and manufacturer-specific management systems. It supplies this data to OPNET's APM solution suite for a more complete picture of end-to-end application performance.
"We believe OPNET introduced significant new APM capabilities that were evaluated in this year's 'Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring'," stated Alain Cohen, President and CTO of OPNET. "These include groundbreaking solutions for application dependency mapping, end-to-end transaction following combined with deep tracing, cloud-capable virtual appliances and agents, and advanced analytics for automated troubleshooting. Together with OPNET's outstanding market share growth, we believe this latest report by Gartner confirms that OPNET is a leading innovator in this space, delivering a robust suite of well-integrated solutions to address all the functional components of APM – solutions that are technologically among the best in our industry."
To view the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring, visit http://www.opnet.com/gartner/index.html
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2011 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About OPNET Technologies, Inc.
Founded in 1986, OPNET Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:OPNT) is the leading provider of solutions for application and network performance management. For more information about OPNET and its products, please visit www.opnet.com
OPNET, OPNET Technologies, Inc., APM Xpert, AppResponse Xpert, AppInternals Xpert, AppMapper Xpert, AppTransaction Xpert, AppSQL Xpert, and AppSensor Xpert are trademarks of OPNET Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Statements in this press release that are not purely historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. OPNET Technologies, Inc. ("OPNET") assumes no obligation to update statements. Forward-looking statements are predictions based upon information available to OPNET as of the date of this press release and involve risks and uncertainties; therefore, actual events or results may differ materially. For a discussion of risk factors, see OPNET's reports, including its most recent 10-Q and 10-K, filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission.
Note to editors: The word OPNET is spelled with all upper-case letters.
CONTACT: OPNET Media Contact:
Susan S. Cole
OPNET Technologies, Inc.
OPNET Investor Relations:
Mel F. Wesley
OPNET Technologies, Inc.
Communiqué intégral et original au format PDF :
© Copyright Actusnews Wire
Recevez gratuitement par email les prochains communiqués de la société en vous inscrivant sur www.actusnews.com
Receive by email the next press releases of the company by registering on www.actusnews.com, it’s free