- ACCELERATION IN 4K-UHD TAKE-UP
- ATEME JOINS THE "ALLIANCE FOR OPEN MEDIA"
|Revenue in € thousands||2015||2016||Change|
|H1 at constant €/$ exchange rates||12,327||14,990||+21.6%|
|Revenue in € thousands||H1 2015||H1 2016||Change|
|USA / Canada||2,814||4,148||+47.4%|
Figures subject to a limited review by ATEME's statutory auditors.
Paris, 28 July 2016 – ATEME (ISIN: FR0011992700), world specialist in video compression, reported revenues of €14,980k for the first half of 2016 (which closed on 30 June), up 21.5% on the same period last year (+21.6% at constant exchange rates). After a rise of 12.2% in the first quarter, revenues accelerated sharply in the second quarter (+32.3%) to €7,544k.
Activity for the first half of the year was particularly strong in ATEME's two primary markets, EMEA (+19.8%), and in particular North America (+47.4%) reflecting the effect of additional commercial resources deployed in this market in recent months, including a new office in Denver (Colorado).
In Latin America and Asia Pacific, activity was stable on the first half of 2015.
Accelerating ramp-up of 4K-UHD
During the first six months of 2016, ATEME capitalized on renewed levels of confidence amongst existing clients and gained several new international accounts thanks to the marketing drive that followed its IPO.
The accelerating ramp-up of 4K-UHD which is now adopted by many of the world's largest TV operators has led to ATEME's solutions being selected by:
- In Europe: TF1 and M6 to broadcast eight matches from the 2016 European Football Championship; AB Group for its new UHD "Ultra Nature" channel; and the French Tennis Federation (FFT) and France Télévisions, in partnership with TDF and Eutelsat, to broadcast the semi-finals and finals at of The French Tennis Open in June;
- In Latin America: Turner Esporte Interativo in Brazil and TV Azteca in Mexico.
ATEME also secured the first major orders for its new TITAN solution, launched at the start of 2016:
- In the United States: DirecTV and a Tier 1 cable operator which has already launched around 100 channels in the first phase of its deployment of the TITAN platform;
- In Asia: Arcana, a Malaysian satellite operator, and FPT Telecom, a Vietnamese telecoms operator.
Improvement in operating p